Get Time Between Dates
This data converter provides the possibility to find the difference between two dates. It compares the date in the
input text to a given date and calculates the difference.
The difference is measured in a selected unit, e.g. days or weeks.
The input text must be a date in the standard date format, e.g. "2001-02-25 14:32:49.0".
The Get Time Between Dates data converter is configured using the following properties:
- Other Date:
- Specify the date to compare the input date with.
The date can be specified in several ways using a
The date must be in the standard date format, e.g. "2001-02-25 14:32:49.0".
- Get Difference as:
- Select what unit to get the difference in.
- Get Integer Difference:
- Determines whether the difference should be rounded to an integer.
- Get Signed Difference:
- Determines whether the difference should be with or without sign. If the difference should
be signed, it will be positive if the input date is after the other date, and negative in the
- Type in a description to be shown in the list of data converters. If there is no type in a description, one will be generated.
If the input to the converter is "2008-03-01 12:00:00.0", and the other date is set
to "2008-02-28 00:00:00.0", and the difference should be in days and with fraction, the result will be 2.5.
Notice how the converter accounts for the leap year.